Russian lancers of Chuguevskii regiment
1 - officer
2,3 - privates
According to the “Institution of the management of big armies” which came in power in the early 1812, the soldiers who were serving in the Convoy of the Headquaters were meant to wear a green twig ( the sort of tree was not specified) as a part of their uniform. In the autumn of 1812 the commander of Chuguevski regiment was in the Convoy Headquaters of the 3rd Western army so his officers and soldiers had green twigs on their schapkas.
The second private (3) is wearing the pre-1812 uniform.
The painting is made by Averyanov.